[ Works under Review ] [ Short Stories ] [ Published Creative
Work ] [ Poetry Readings ]
- “Unparallel Constructions: Latin American Women Activists.” In SAGE,
Encyclopedia of Gender and Society, 2008
- “Chicana Feminism.” In SAGE, Encyclopedia of Gender and Society, 2008.
- “Gloria Anzaldúa.” In SAGE, Encyclopedia of Gender and Society, 2008.
- “Sandra Cisneros and Her Trade of the Free Word.” In The Rocky Mountain
Modern Lang. Assn. Journal. Fall 2006, No.
- “Altars: A Microcosm of Power, or a Repossession of the Land?” In
PUENTES: Revista méxico-chicana de literature, cultura y arte, Texas A&M
University, No. 4, Otoño, 2006.”
- “The Cold War Never Froze Chicanos: Rolando Hinojosa’s Intrepid World,”
in the Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States. Deena
J. González and Suzanne Oboler, Co-Editors. Oxford University Press, New
York, N.Y. Summer 2005.
- “Demetria Martinez’ Compassion: From New Mexico via Princeton, to the
World,” in the Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States.
Deena J. González and Suzanne Oboler, Co-Editors. Oxford University
Press, New York, N.Y. Summer 2005.
- “Rebozos, Our Cultural Blankets” in Voces: A Journal of Chicana/Latina
Studies, Eds. MALCS and The Chicana Latina Research Center, UC Davis,
(134-149), Spring 2001.
- "The Brick People: Brick Layering of Female Subjects in Morales' Novel,"
in Mapping Strategies: NACCS and the Challenge of Multiple (Re)Oppressions.
María Beltrán Vocal, Manuel de Jesús Hernández Gutiérrez, Eds. National
Association of Chicana and Chicano Studies, (168-182), April 1999.
- Review of Latinas in the United States: A Historical Encyclopedia, Rocky
Mountain Review, 2008.
- Review of Amigas by Marjorie Agosín and Emma Sepulveda, National Catholic
Reporter, Sept. 2001.
- Review of “Radio Chon” by Los Otros in El Andar: A Latino Magazine for
the New Millennium, Summer, 2000.
- Review of Mayra Montero's The Messenger in El Andar: A Latino Magazine
for the New Millennium, Winter 1999.
- Communal Feminisms: Chicanas, Chilenas and Cultural Exile, Lexington
Books 2007, January.
- A Most Improbable Life, Finishing Line Press 2003.
Articles Accepted for Publication:
WORKS UNDER REVIEW:
- “Literary Currency: Coined Contributions by Latino Authors in the United
States,” Chapter. Spring, 2007. A Latino Reader. Ed. Norma Cantú,
Edinburg, England. (Selected)
- “Capirotada: Spirituality in Chicana Literature: The new Holiness in the
works of Norma Cantú, Demetria Martínez, and Sandra Cisneros.” (MALCS
journal, Fall, 2007). (Selected)
- La Pluma Pintada: A José Antonio Burciaga Reader, eds. Norma Cantú and
Gabriella Gutiérrez y Muhs.
- Rebozos de Palabras: An Helena María Viramontes Reader, eds. Margarita
Barceló and Gabriella Gutiérrez y Muhs.
Published Creative Work
- “Partitions.” The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education, July 16, 2007.
- “Ask…” Commonweal:A Review of Religion, Politics and Culture, January
- “The New Word for Pure is Organic.” Cultural Encounters Spring, 2005.
- “Touched by Mexico’s Unrandom Acts of Kindness.” National Catholic
Reporter, September 27, 2002.
- “’Poor me’ scream letts the pain out.” National Catholic Reporter,
October 19, 2001.
Poetry Journal Publications:
- Books: A Most Improbable Life, a poetry collection, May 2003, Finishing
- “Leal,” in Puentes: Revista méxico-chicana de literature, cultura y
arte. Otoño 2007, Corpus Christi.
- “Estamos Homeles,” in The MALCS Journal, Loyola Marymount, Los Angeles,
- “La Sonrisa final,” “El Clóset,” “Geisha,” and “Hay que hacer tortillas”
in PUENTES: Revista méxico-chicana de literature, cultura y arte. Número
1, Primavera 2003, Corpus Christi, TX.
- “El Invisible,” “Calle Mujer,” and “California” in Cruzando Puentes,
Antología de Literatura Latina, 2002. (In Spanish)
- "California," "Guadsunvil," in The Central Coast Anthology of Poetry,
2000. Ed. Ken Weisner.
- "Sobre" and "Calle Mujer," and "California" in Ventana Abierta, Revista
Latina, UCSB, Dec. '98 and Dec. '99. (In Spanish)
- "The Evolution of Love" in the November issue of La Gazette, Santa Cruz,
- Un Libro de Plástico: A Plastic Book, a poetry CD Rom. Invisible Music
Co. Santa Cruz, Ca., 1999.
- "The Virginity," "Only in My Mother's House," "De Corazón," "Blood
Sausage," "12th Commandment by a Mexican Woman," and "Pillow Talk" in
The Bilingual Review: 25th Anniversary Issue, Volume XXIII, Number 2,
- "El Invisible" and "Rescate," in Ventana Abierta Revista Latina, UCSB,
June '98. (In Spanish)
- “Fusiles" and "El Abuelo Está Durmiendo" in Ventana Abierta, Revista
Latina, UCSB, Dec. '97. (In Spanish)
- "The Safeway Man"(1994), "El Hábito" (1996) "Cartero," “Rosary Beads”
(2000) in Americas y Latinas, A Stanford Journal of Latin American
Studies. “El Hábito” and “Cartero,” (in Spanish.)
- Various poems in El Ventanal, Literary Journal of the Université de
Perpignan, Perpignan, France. 1980, 198l, 1982 editions.
- “La Torre Eiffel es sólo una escalera vieja,” in Cruzando Puentes,
Antología de Literatura Latina, 2002. (In Spanish)
- “"My Red High Heels or Conversation With My Sister,” In Celebration of
the Muse: Fifteenth Anniversary Anthology, 1997. Edited by Amber
Coverdale Sumerall and Patrice Vecchione.
- “"Via Air Mail" and (1994), "My Red High Hills or Conversation with my
Sister" (1995), "Borders are Born, People are Made " (1997), “Estados
Unidos Queens” (2000) in Americas y Latinas, A Stanford Journal of Latin