Honors & Awards
- 2007-2009 Wismer Professor for Gender and
- Seattle University Academic Day Keynote Speaker, September, 2006.
- University Mission Fund Recipient, 2005-06, Seattle University. In
support of Communal Feminisims: Chicanas, Chilenas and Cultural Exile.
- NEH nominee, one of two recommended by the Dean of Arts and Sciences to
the National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship. Seattle
- Research Assistant Fellowship. Winter and Fall of 2002.
- Research Fellow. School of Arts and Sciences, Seattle University,
- Summer Research Fellowship, School of Arts and Sciences, Seattle
- Calabash Award for Excellence in the Ethnic Arts, Cultural Arts Council,
- Fellow. Chicana/o Scholar Fellowship Program. Stanford University
- Research Assistantship. Danforth Compton Multidisciplinary Research
- Summer Research Fellowship. Escobedo Award. Stanford University
- Research Award. Irvine Foundation Multidisciplinary Research
Program. Stanford University. Summer
- Dorothy Danforth Scholar. University of Washington
- Stanford University, Summer Scholarship to Universidade de Lisboa,
- Stanford University, Department of Spanish and Portuguese Fellow.
Awarded the Mellon Foundation Fellowship as well but selected the Dept.
- Teacher of the Year Award, Migrant Education, Watsonville High
- Graduate Studies Scholarship - ROTARY INTERNATIONAL, Salamanca,
- Teatro Campesino, selected to work with theater in several
productions, San Juan Bautista, Ca.
- College Scholar Program, Occidental College, under Prof. Ken Atchity.
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities.
- America's Outstanding Names and Faces.
- Participant, Oxy in France Study Abroad Program, Occidental College.
- Recipient, National Hispanic Scholarship Fund Award.
- Recipient of California Association of Compensatory Education Award.